MTU's remote learning system is designed to support authentication to your live classes through Canvas, so you should access canvas to enter into your zoom classroom.
To access your live Zoom classes, complete the following steps.
- Log into Canvas at cit.instructure.com.
See How do I log into
Canvas? for more
- From the Canvas dashboard, click the
module which has the Zoom class that
you need to attend.
- Click Zoom from the module
- Under Upcoming Meetings, locate
the Zoom class and click Join. If you have not done
so already, you may receive a
prompt to download Zoom to
your computer, tablet, or
- When Zoom opens, you may see a waiting
room. Your lecturer will admit you to
the room when they are
- Click Join With Computer Audio when admitted to the room.
- To set up your audio, click the up
arrow next to the microphone icon and
select the microphone and speaker that
you want to use.
- Optional: Click Test Speaker
& Microphone to
test to see if they are working
- Click Chat to open the chat
area for sending messages.
- When you are ready to leave the
meeting, click Leave.