I was unable to attend my lecture live/I had connectivity issues during my lecture. What can I do to catch up on the lecture I have missed.
If your lecturer decides to record a live session, you can access this through Canvas.
Note: Your lecturer may not have recorded the lecture. If you are unable to see the recording by following this article, please reach out to your lecturer.
In order to access recorded lectures in Canvas you will need to be logged into your student Zoom account using the SSO access (mycit.ie email). This can be done in two ways:
- When prompted on accessing the recording.
- Prior to accessing Canvas via the Zoom desktop client.
To access a recorded lecturer, complete the following steps.
Option 1: Via Canvas
- In your module in Canvas, click Zoom to open the Zoom tab of your module.
- Click Cloud Recordings.
- Click on the recording.
- If you are not logged into Zoom, you are prompted to do so. To log into Zoom, sign in with SSO. See Signing in to Zoom through SSO for more information.
- Click on the video to view the recording.
Option 2: Zoom desktop client
- Open the Zoom client on your computer.
- Click Sign In.
- Click SSO.
- If prompted, enter telcit in the Company Domain field and click Continue.
- Sign in with your CIT credentials. You can now proceed to Canvas to access the recording.