Your myCIT account provides you with 1TB of data storage. For certain assignments in Canvas, you can upload files against an assignment directly from google drive, which may be useful to you if you need to upload larger file sizes, or if you have already stored your work in google drive.
Please note that this ability is controlled by your lecturer and will only be enabled for certain assignments.
To do this
1. For the assignment in question, click into the assignment and click on the "Submit Assignment" button in the top-right corner
2. There will be 3 tabs available to you. Click on the tab for "Google Drive"
3. You will be asked to "Authorise" Canvas to access your Google/ MyCIT account. To do so, please click the "Authorise"" button at the base of this area
4. A pop-up window will appear and ask you to log into your MyCIT account
5. You should now be able to browse your Drive and to select the file you need
6. When you select a file, you will have the option to add a comment and/ or to change the file being uploaded
7. When you press "submit assignment", you may receive a message that the file is being transferred and that you can navigate away from the page. If the file fails to transfer you will receive an email, which you should bring to the attention of your lecturer ASAP