An unlisted video is a different type of private video. "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends or family to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video in these ways:
- you don't need a YouTube account to watch the video (you can see an unlisted video if someone sends you the video's link).
- there's no 25 person sharing limit
You can choose to make any of your uploads an unlisted video in your YouTube Account settings. Here’s how:
- Sign into your YouTube Account.
- Go to your My Videos page.
- Select the video which you’d like to make an unlisted video. Click the Edit button to access the video’s settings.
- Go to the Privacy section of the page. There you’ll see the option to mark you video as “unlisted”, “public”, or “private”. Select unlisted.
- Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button. Once you’ve done this your video will be an unlisted video.